Silver Ice Bucket with Cover
One of the finest handmade hallmarked sterling silver ice buckets, with cover, available today. Silver made up to a standard not down to a price. What a 'wow' item to take pride of place on your bar. It is part of the contemporary matching 'Appetite' collection from JA Campbell, made by Master Silversmith John Campbell and his team of craftsmen in the Brentwood workshop. This ice bucket has the double-turned line, the Campbell signature decoration. A raised sieve in the bottom creates a reservoir for melted ice and so slows the melting process
For those who are interested in how this particular item is made, a brief description follows.
This silver ice bucket is made in 9 pieces; 3 in the cover and 6 in the body. The main and largest part of the body is the long curving piece of sheet with tapered ends. When rolled around a mandril, it forms the tapered shape of the body. The ends are then brought and held together for soldering with soft steel wires, then soldered with enamelling grade silver solder. The seam is then checked and dressed, the body 'planished', the top roll formed, the base soldered in and the double signature lines pushed in. The body minus handles is now complete. A section of sterling silver rod is then also signature lined, fitted and soldered into the handle casting and the whole unit fitted and soldered onto the body component. It is repeated for the second handle.
The main cover component is now spun from a large blank in 2 stages. First a draft and then onto a wooden section chuck. This comes apart to allow removal from the cover chuck which would otherwise be trapped inside. The knob is now spun in 2 pieces, lapped together and finally soldered onto the cover. The total number of operations to make this impressive item (excluding all the mining, refining, alloying and rolling of the initial raw material) is around 65. Total number of solderings (using different temperature silver solders) is around 8. Total number of annealings (to soften the work hardened components) around 5. Total number of polishing operations (using 4 grades of compound) around 30.
Next the maker's mark, JAC in a triangle, the initials of John Campbell, is punched onto the surface. It then goes for hallmarking at the London Assay office. After passing the test for purity the remaining hallmarks are applied. (The silver content is 92.5%, the remaining 7.5% is pure copper, added to give an otherwise soft, pure silver more hardness. These are the standard ingredients of sterling silver) It is then returned to the workshop for final polishing and packing.
Great care and pride is taken with all the above manufacturing elements, including placing carefully in the presentation box for you and your family, friends and future generations to enjoy our world's precious resources and best craftsmen. Silver has become quite a status symbol in recent years. To further enhance your 'bar', why not look at the sterling silver bar set which comprises a T bar corkscrew, a bar knife and a bottle opener. Each item can be bought separately. If you have a boardroom or meeting room where food and drinks are served, this sterling silver ice bucket and lid would certainly impress your colleagues or guests. The simplicity of the design leaves ample room to engrave a message of your choice or even a crest, logo or name of vessel.
In the unlikely event of damage, JA Campbell provide a full replacement/repair service. You can be assured that all our products are made up to a standard and not down to a price. Nothing leaves the Brentwood workshop until Master Silversmith John Campbell is completely satisfied.
You can be assured that all
JA Campbell products are made up to a standard and not down to a price.
Engraving is a wonderful opportunity to personalize a gift. The addition of a minimum of initials, a name, a name and date, plus the occasion will cover most situations. More can be added, if required, such as a personal message.
Suggested position:On cover or on body
Recommended maximum characters: 400
For more information regarding our engraving services, which include hand, glass, heraldic and logo engraving, please click here, or telephone Colin or John Campbell on 01277 217829 to discuss.
Compose your personal engraving message after adding this product to your basket.